4 potatoes (peeled), boiled
1/2 tsp coriander seeds
1/2 tsp pepper
1/2 tsp cumin
1/2 cup peas, boiled
to taste sea salt
2 tsp ginger paste
100 ml refined oil
1 onion, julienne
1 green chilli, chopped
1 bunch fresh coriander, small
1/2 tsp red chili powder
How to Make Aloo Tikki
1. Dry roast coriander seeds, pepper and cumin in a pan. Powder the dry roasted spices into mortar and pestle.
2. In a bowl mash four potatoes. In another bowl mash half a cup of peas. Combine these two together and mix well.
3. Add 2 tsp ginger paste.
In a pan, saute one onion (julienne) with refined oil and add them into aloo tikki mixture.
4. Add little salt, roasted masala spice, green chilly, fresh coriander and red chilli powder into aloo tikki mixture. Mix well. Add 1/2 tsp oil for some moisture.
5. Take a portion of aloo tikki mixture and make a ball out of it and gently flatten them into a round shape. Keep them in a fridge for 30 minutes.
6. Sprinkle some flour onto them.
7. In a pan, shallow fry the aloo tikki with refined oil.
decorate the dish as per your liking and enjoy it with the choice of salad and chutney.