Ingredients for making Ghost ki Shami
| 500 grams mutton mince|
1 cup chana dal
1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder
10 cloves garlic
2 inch ginger
3 green chillies finely chopped
1/4 pecans finely chopped
3 sprig mint leaves
1 onions finely chopped approx 50 gms
2 sprig coriander leaves
salt to taste
30 ml oil
4 Red chillies
1 teaspoon black pepper powder
1/2 inch cinnamon stick
1/2 teaspoon shahi jeera
2 Black Cardamom
Making of the Ghost ki Shami
- To begin making the Mutton Shami Kebab recipe, wash and soak chana dal for minimum 1-2 hours.
- Wash mutton pieces nicely and pressure cook it with soaked chana dal, turmeric powder, salt, ginger, garlic and whole spices.
- Once the mutton is done, pass it through a colander and collect the stock in a separate bowl which you can use later to make any mutton curry.
- Collect the cooled mutton and dal mix in a grinder jar and grind to make a fine dough. The dough may look fibrous because of the meat.
- Add finely chopped onion, chopped green chilies, chopped mint and coriander and mix nicely till everything incorporates well.
- Heat a wide pan and grease it with 1-2 tablespoon oil.
- Pinch a lemon sized ball from the mutton mix and flatten it to shape a round disk.
- Similarly make rest of the kebabs and shallow fry from both sides in a wide pan till they turn dark brown in colour.
- Mutton Shami Kebabs are a perfect snack option during Ramadan and also a great side dish with Chicken Biryani. Serve with onion rings, lemon and dhaniya pudina chutney.