Mix together gram flour, rice flour, chilli powder, turmeric powder, coriander powder, cumin powder, carom seeds and salt in a bowl. Add sufficient water and whisk to make a thick smooth and batter
2. Add soda bi carbonate and half teaspoon chaat masala and mix well. Rest the batter for ten minutes
3. Apply green chutney on one side of the cottage cheese fingers and cover with another finger.
4. Spread the crushed papads evenly on a plate.
5. Heat sufficient oil in a kadai. Dip the cottage cheese pieces in the batter and roll in the crushed papads. Gently slide into hot oil and deep-fry in medium hot oil till golden brown. Drain on kitchen paper. Sprinkle remaining chaat masala on top
6. Arrange them on a serving plate and serve hot with tomato ketchup or a chutney of your choice.
A brief about Chef Avtar Singh Rana
Chef Avtar Singh Rana a passionate professional celebrity chef having more than 2 decades of experience. A chef who wears different hats, who ranges from the city Delhi is someone who loves interaction and discovery with a vision of always coming up with the best and true perfectionist at his work, he dwells in photography, traveling and of course food. He started his carrier with Taj Group of hotels, in the year 1998 and since then has only achieved milestones and growth immensely his hunger to learn and explore more got him travelling to the middle east, Oman, KSA , multiple times, where he worked for some of the iconic hotels. His talent also brought him recognition from Radisson, Starwood and Accor, where he was responsible for the preopening of the hotels.
An individual who leads by the examples and has the knack of grasping quickly and extend warm hospitality.
View more posts