Ingredients for making the Fish Tikka
520gms monkfish fillets cut into 4cm chunks
1 tsp lemon juice
Salt to taste
4-5 wooden skewers
Melted butter for basting (around 1-2tbsps)
Lemon juice or chaat masala for garnish
Mint chutney to serve
For the marination
3 garlic cloves roughly chopped
½” ginger roughly chopped
1 heaped tbsp thick greek yoghurt
½ tsp mild chilli powder (mild paprika or kashmiri chilli powder)
1 tsp cumin powder
¼ tsp coarsely ground white pepper powder
1 tsp chick pea flour
1 tbsp fresh coriander finely chopped
1 tsp vegetable oil
Salt to taste
Method of making fish Tikka
- Add the monkish to a mixing bowl along with the lemon juice and salt. Mix well and set aside.
2. In a blender add the garlic and ginger along with a splash of water to make a thick smooth paste.
3. Soak the wooden skewers in warm water until you make the marinade.
4. In a separate bowl add the blended garlic and ginger paste along with the rest of the marinade ingredients. Mix well and add the monkfish cubes to the marinade. Leave to marinate for 15-20minutes.
5. Preheat the grill to a medium to high setting. Skewer the fish onto the wooden skewers. Pat the extra marinade over the pieces and place under the grill. Grill for 10-12 mins or until just done. Baste with butter half way through cooking.
6. Serve the Tandoori fish tikka with a sprinkle of lemon juice, onions rings, chaat masala & serve with chutney and salad of your choice.