- 2 poblano peppers, quartered and seeded, cut smaller if desired
- 8 chicken boneless breast pounded to a 1/4-inch thickness
- salt & freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 (5 -6 ounce) bag Baby Spinach, stems removed
- 2 cups shredded jack cheese
- 1⁄2 cup sun dried tomatoes, drained and julienned
- 1⁄2 cup refined flour
- 2 tablespoons olives oil
Chef Rana special recipes with exotic ingredients
Making of Chicken Medallions
- Place poblano peppers, skin-side up, on foil-lined baking sheet; broil until skin is black and blistered. Fold foil around peppers and let steam at room temperature until skin has softened, about 5 minutes. Discard blackened skin.
- Season chicken with salt and pepper. Place single layer of spinach (about 12 leaves) in center of each breast. Top with 1/4 cup cheese, 1 tablespoon sun-dried tomatoes and 1 roasted pepper quarter.
- Roll up chicken to enclose filling. Wrap each chicken roll tightly in plastic wrap, twisting ends to secure. Chill for at least 1 hour.
- Remove plastic wrap from chicken and secure rolls with toothpicks. Place flour on sheet of waxed paper. Dip chicken in flour, shaking off excess.
- In a large skillet, heat olive oil over medium-high heat. Place chicken in skillet seam-side down and cook until golden brown on all sides, about 2 minutes per side.
- Place chicken on foil-lined jellyroll pan and bake in a 400 degree oven about 15 minutes, or until temperature reaches 165 degrees. Cover and let stand 5 minutes, remove toothpicks, then slice into medallions. Serve over Creamy Chipotle Sauce. decorate it with black olives, for aroma can add mint leaves for a twist.
you can do both ways weather you can stuffed the mixture in the whole chicken breast or you can make small medallions in round shape, what ever you feel like easy for you with any hassle.