Ingredients for making the Chicken Piccata
4 chicken cutlets, pounded thin, seasoned and coated with refined flour
5 tablespoons olive oil
3 tablespoons salted butter
1 cup chicken broth
1 cup of french white wine
2 tablespoons french coarse ground mustard, (a good quality Dijon)
2 tablespoons capers, rinsed and drained
1 tablespoon unbleached all-purpose flour
Salt & pepper for taste
Extra capers for garnishing, if desired
Method of making the chicken Piccata
- In a large skillet over medium heat, add oil and 2 tablespoons of butter;
- Add lightly floured chicken and cook until golden brown on both sides, 4-5 minutes. Remove chicken and set aside;
- Pan will be hot, lower flame and carefully (so as to not create a splatter) add broth, wine, dijon and capers, stir well to combine, bring to a simmer. Add 1 tablespoon of flour and whisk to combine well and to elmulsify the sauce.
- Bring to a slow boil and arrange the droplets of the sauce on golden fried chicken breast, in serving dish you can arrange the chicken with a salad of your choice, or you can add any healthy side.
- Serve hot garnish with parsley, lemon wedges on the side.