Ingredients for making the cream of mushroom soup
- 5 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/8 teaspoon dried thyme
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 cup half-and-half
- 1 tablespoon sherry (optional just for a punch)
- Add all ingredients to list
Making of the Mushroom Soup
- In a heavy saucepan, cook mushrooms in the broth with onion and thyme until tender, about 10 to 15 minutes.
- In blender or food processor, puree the mixture , leaving some chunks of vegetable in it. Set aside.
- In the saucepan, melt the butter, whisk in the flour until smooth. Add the salt, pepper, half and half and vegetable puree. Stirring constantly, bring soup to a boil and cook until thickened.add cream to it at last, Adjust seasonings to taste, and add sherry. serve hot garnish with cream and cheesy garlic bread.
Important notes while making the cream of mushroom soup