Ingredients for Chicken Kothe
1 cup all purpose flour
1/2 tsp salt
Enough water, to knead the dough
1 tsp oil
1 tsp butter
1 tsp dried mixed herbs
1/4 cup tomato sauce
4 garlic pods
1 dry red chilli, broken
1/2 tsp soy sauce
1 tsp vinegar
Salt, to adjust
Method of making the Chicken Kothe
150 gms chicken mince
4 tsp finely chopped shallots
1 tsp grated ginger
4 pods garlic, finely chopped
2 tsp finely chopped parsley
4 tsp tomato
Chopped Spring Onions
Salt to taste
1 tsp Shaoxing wine
Servings Per Recipe: 4
One of the healthy and unique recipe to follow with your friends and family
Making of the chicken Kothe
1. Prepare the dough. Mix in salt with flour well and pour in enough water to form a dough… Lastly add oil to glaze it, knead again. Now, close with wet moist cloth and set it aside for two hours
2. In a bowl mixed all the listed ingredients, soya mince, onion, parsley, tomato puree, ginger, garlic and favorable amount of salt, Keep aside.
3. Prepare the sauce. Melt butter and add herbs. Later on, add tomato sauce. Add in finely chopped garlic and crushed red chilli pieces. Let this mixture cook on a slow flame for about two to three minutes. Finally add in vinegar, soy sauce. Adjust the seasoning.
4. Take the dough and divide it into six equal balls, take each ball and roll out as thin as possible
5. with the help of rolling pin make the small wrappers/Circles
6. Spoon 1 tbsp of filling into circle and fold it on one side, to get half moon shape.
7. You can very well seal dough from preventing the filling to fall out. You can also make some handy impressions/design, to make it look eye appealing.
8. Now, steam these dumplings for ten minutes till done
9. They are done, usually tested by inserting knife onto the surface of momo/dumplings. If the knife comes out clean, then momo/dumpling is cooked.
10. Before serving, pan fry them or toss them in pan till they are slightly browned from the base which will give you the smoky flavor.
11. Serve hot with the sauce and salad of your choice.