Ingredient for Lobster pepper and salt
- 2 live lobsters, each roughly 2 pounds in size
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 3 egg whites
- 1 cup corn starch
- 4 cups peanut oil
- 2 tablespoons oil (reserved from the 4 cups)
- 12 scallions, cut in 2 inch lengths
- 1 1/2 tablespoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon ground white pepper
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon minced ginger
- 2 whole sliced shallots
- 5 dried red chilies
- 1tsp shaoxing wine
- 5 gms spring onions
Method for making the Lobster
- Cut lobster bodies in half lengthwise and tails once crosswise.
- Crack claws, remove knuckles from main claw.
- Remove and discard top shell carcass covering the small set of legs, reserve for another use.
- Trim and discard the fibrous lung tissue.
- You should have 4 claws, 4 knuckles, 8 tail meat pieces and 4 body/leg sections.
6.Heat peanut oil to 375 degrees over high heat in a wok.
7.Dip lobster in egg whites, then dredge in corn starch.
8.Deep fry the coated lobster meat to make crunchy and crispy
Tossing of the Lobster
- When wok is smoking hot, literally, add half the scallions, ginger, shallots, chiles and stir. Then add the lobster. Toss and add the remaining scallions.
2. Toss again, let the wok build some heat for 30 seconds and add the salt, pepper and sugar as you rotate the food across the wok surface. add light soy and shaoxing wine.
3. Toss a few times and serve hot garnished with chopped spring onions.