Hakka Noodles is the staple food at northeast, indonesia, china, Vietnam, Philippines are easy to make at home! These spicy noodles are great for a quick meal. Pair them with your favorite Indo-Chinese recipe to make a complete meal
Ingredients for Hakka Noodles
- 300 grams noodles, I used Ching Hakka Noodles
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon minced ginger
- 1 green chili, sliced
- 1 stalk celery, chopped
- 1 medium red onion, 100 grams, sliced
- 1 large carrot, 100 grams, sliced
- 1 large red pepper, 200 grams, sliced, can use mix of green and red
- 3 stalks green onion, chopped + more to garnish
- 2.5 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar, or white vinegar
- 1 teapoon hot sauce, like sriracha
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar, optional
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- pinch white pepper powder
- 1 teaspoon chili oil, optional
Method of Tossing the Noodles
- Shredded all the veggies before you start making the noodles and keep aside.
- Boil the noodles according to instructions on the package. if you have instant cooking noodles then you can cook for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Drain the noodles . Add 1/2 tablespoon of vegetable oil to the noodles and toss so that the noodles get lightly coated with the oil and don’t stick to each other. Set it aside.
- In a wok heat 1 tablespoon vegetable oil and 1 tablespoon sesame oil on medium-high heat. Once the oil is hot add the minced garlic and ginger, sliced green chili and chopped celery.
- Saute for few seconds until the ginger garlic starts to change color or becomes fragrant.
- Add sliced onions and saute for a minute or two until the sides of the onion starts turning light golden brown.
- Add in the sliced carrots, bell pepper, green onion and cook for 1 minute on high heat. The veggies should remain crunchy.
- Push veggies to the side, lower the heat and add soy sauce, rice vinegar, hot sauce (like sriracha) and sugar (if using).
- Toss the veggies to combine well with the sauce. Add in the black pepper, salt and white pepper.
- Stir in the boiled noodles. Using a pair of tongs, mix it well so that the noodles are well coated with the sauce.
- As a final touch, stir in a teaspoon of chili oil. This is totally optional. Toss the noodles well and garnish with chopped spring onions.
You can serve Hakka noodles with any veg or non veg gravy dish, or you can have it along with soy sauce or chilly paste.there are so many different versions of noodles. in the same preparation you can add chicken, egg, fish, prawns ,meat or any thing else which you want to add.