Ingredients for making the bread
- 2 tsp dry yeast
- 1/2 cup warm water
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 3 cups refined flour
- 2 tbsp wheat flour
- 1 1/4 cups warm water
- 3 tbsp butter cold
- 1 tsp salt
For making the Sandwich
- 100gms Cooked Bacon,
- 20 gms mayonnaise,
- 20 gms Dijon mustard,
- 200 gms grilled chicken,
- 1 tsp crushed black pepper
Making of the bread
- In a stand mixer mixing bowl, combine yeast, 1/2 c. warm water, and sugar. Stir until well combined and let stand for about 10 minutes until nice and foamy.
- In a separate mixing bowl, combine flour and vital wheat gluten. Add 1 c. warm water to the yeast mixture (in the stand mixer bowl) and add flour/wheat gluten mixture until combined.
- Attach the bowl to the stand mixer and with the bread hook attachment, mix dough for about 3-4 minutes, adding a little flour if necessary- keeping it a little sticky.
- You want the dough to be sticky enough that it sticks to the bottom of the bowl a little bit, but not the sides.
- After 3-4 minutes, cut up 3 Tbsp. of cold butter into little cubes and add to the mixing bowl and add 1 Tbsp. salt. Mix an additional 5-6 minutes until butter is mixed in to the dough, pull the bread down off the hook if needed throughout the mixing process. Again, you want the dough to be slightly sticky and stretchy.
- Place dough in a large greased bowl and roll around a little to get it greased all around. Cover and allow to rise in a warm place for about an hour.
- Punch dough down and divide into 3 equal pieces (flour your hands if the dough is too sticky for easier handling). Roll out each piece into a 12″ long loaf (like a fat snake). The dough should be the same thickness all the way across. Place on a non-stick baking sheet (I used a silicon baking mat) or a bread form pan. Cover and allow to rise 40-60 minutes, until dough doubles in size.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Bake in oven for 12-25 minutes (check at 12 minutes) until bread is golden brown. Remove from oven and lightly run a little cold butter over the top(this will soften it up nicely).
- Allow loaves to cool completely, then serve with all your favorite sub sandwich toppings!
For Filling the sandwich
Slit the bread for making the sandwich from the center, then spread mayonnaise & Dijon mustard to give the punch in flavor, then stuffed with juicy grilled chicken and roasted bacon, seasoned the stuffed ingredients with salt & crushed pepper, on the upper layer and on the bottom of the bread you can add Romain lettuce also for a eye appeal.
Drizzled with balsamic reduction, and Dijon mustard dip, served with tomato ketchup.