Safed Murg Korma / Chicken in White Gravy
Considered to be one of the must try curries of India, Safed Murg Korma is primarily prepared with cashew nuts, poppy seeds, milk, ghee and yogurt. Here is how to make chicken in white gravy. My Granny special recipes which is famous all over the universe.
Ingredients for making the Chicken Safeda
- 3 tbsp Ghee
- 3 tbsp Vegetable oil
- 1 kg Chicken Curry cut
- 15-20 Cashew Nut
- 2 tbsp Poppy seeds
- 2-3 Green chilli
- 1 inch Ginger
- 5-6 cloves Garlic
- 1 cup Yogurt
- 2 tsp Maida
- Salt to taste
- 1/2 cup Milk
- 1/2 tsp Garam masala powder
- 2 tsp Lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp White pepper powder
- 1/4 cup Fresh cream
Follow the instruction to make the chicken right
- Heat butter and vegetable oil in a pan.
- Add chicken and fry on high heat for 3-4 minutes.
- Make a paste of cashew nuts, poppy seeds, green chilli, ginger and garlic and add it in the pan.
- Fry for 3-4 minutes.
- Whisk yogurt with maida and add it in the pan along with salt and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Add milk and cover the pan and cook the chicken until it’s done.
- Add garam masala powder, lemon juice, white pepper powder and fresh cream and cook for 2 minutes.
- Garnish with saffron strands and fresh coriander.
- Serve hot with roti, Naan or Bakharkhani Roti, Pulao and steam rice also on the hit.
You Can make the gravy in advance to get the actual flavor of the dish/gravy, that gravy can be used for other preparations as well.