Ingredients for Fish N Chips
- 4 large potatoes, peeled and cut into strips
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 1 quart vegetable oil for frying
- 1 1/2 pounds cod fillets
- Add all ingredients to list
Method of Making the fish n Chips
- Place potatoes in a medium-size bowl of cold water. In a separate medium-size mixing bowl, mix together flour, baking powder, salt, and pepper. Stir in the milk and egg; stir until the mixture is smooth. Let mixture stand for 20 minutes.
- Preheat the oil in a large pot or electric skillet to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Fry the potatoes in the hot oil until they are tender. Drain them on paper towels.
- Dredge the fish in the batter, one piece at a time, and place them in the hot oil. Fry until the fish is golden brown. If necessary, increase the heat to maintain the 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) temperature. Drain well on paper towels.
- Fry the potatoes again for 1 to 2 minutes for added crispness.
- Fish N Chips is one the world famous dish which is liked all over the universe, most import part of any seafood is its marination, for better result you marinate the fish for overnight and store in the refrigerator, before making take it out and keep it for 10 to 15 minutes to get ready for preparation.
- You Can serve it with Tarter sauce or Sweet chilli Sauce.