Ingredients for Making Kapa Maki
- 4 sheets of nori (dried seaweed), cut in half
- 6 cups prepared sushi rice
- 2 Japanese cucumbers, cut into long sticks
- Wasabi 5 gms
- Kikkoman soy 50 ml
- Sushi Vinegar 100 ml
- pickled Ginger 10 gms
Steps to follow while making Sushi
- Put a piece of nori sheet on top of a bamboo mat (makisu). Spread about 3/4 cup of sushi rice on top of the nori sheet. Place 1/8 of the cucumber sticks horizontally with carrots on the rice.
- Roll up the bamboo mat, pressing forward to shape the sushi into a cylinder. Press the bamboo mat firmly with hands.
- Unwrap the bamboo mat and remove sushi roll. Repeat process to make more rolls.
- Wipe a knife with a wet cloth before slicing sushi.
- Cut the sushi roll into bite-size pieces, served with pickled ginger, wasabi & kikkoman soy sauce.
Yo have to per-planned before making the sushi, Boiled sushi rice with seasoning with sushi vinegar, sushi mat, water for smoothness, sushi knife, wasabi and kikkoman soy.