Ingredients of the Mezze Platter unlimited variation
- 2 baby eggplants, sliced lengthwise (1/2″ or so in width)
- Salt to taste
- Olive oil 100 ml
- Hummus 100 gms
- Moutabel 100 gms
- 1/2 bell pepper, any color, cored
- Tazaki 100 gms
- Babagnouj 100 gms
- 6 Campari tomatoes, quartered
- 6 Persian (baby) cucumbers, sliced into spears
- Pitted Kalamata olives
- 1 15-oz can good quality marinated artichoke hearts
- 6 oz Greek feta cheese, cubed (not crumbled)
- 6 oz baby mozzarella cheese balls
- 3 oz prosciutto di parma
- 6 California fresh figs, halved (substituent: seedless grapes)
- 1 tsp sumac
- Pita bread or your choice of rustic European bread for serving
Instructions/Brief about the Mezze Platter
- Place the eggplant slices on some paper towels and sprinkle with salt. Let the eggplants “sweat out” any bitterness for 20 minutes or so. Pat dry.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Place the eggplant slices on a lightly oiled baking pan, drizzle generously with olive oil. Roast for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, assemble the remaining ingredients on a large serving platters. Begin with the two hummus spreads on opposite sides. Place Tzatziki sauce in the cored bell pepper right at the center of the platter. Assemble the remaining ingredients on the platter to your liking. When the eggplant is roasted to a nice medium-brown, remove it from the oven and sprinkle with 1 tsp of sumac powder. Add the roasted eggplant to the platter.
- You can cover and refrigerate this mezze party platter; take it out a few minutes before your guests arrive. Enjoy with warm pita and crostini or your choice along with falafel, Khboz, labnah etc.
Mezze Platter has got huge variations of all type, its according to your choice and liking, so you can choose the ingredients which you actually want to be in your platter. i give you an example of the small platter as an pic in the recipe..