Ingredients for making the sticky rice
- 2 cups long-grain glutinous rice
- 1 oz. roasted chicken with skin cut into dices
- 1 Tbs. toasted sesame oil
- 3 carrots, peeled and grated (11/2 cups)
- 1/2 Avocado cut into dices
- 1/2 cup roasted peanuts
- 1 tsp. finely grated fresh ginger
- 3 Tbs. vegetarian mushroom stir-fry sauce or sweet soy sauce
- 2 Tbs. low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tsp. sugar
- 1 Tbs. vegetable oil
Preparation of the dish
1. Soak rice in in a vessel for overnight
2. Marinate the chicken and keep a side for 30 minutes then roast in the oven at 220 degree for 15 to 20 minutes, and then cut into dices.
3. Heat sesame oil in nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add mushrooms and carrots, avocado stir-fry 5 minutes. Stir in peanuts and ginger, and cook for 2 minute until all the ingredients mixed well.
4. Combine stir-fry sauce, soy sauce, sugar, and 1 Tbs. water in bowl. Stir into carrot mixture, then remove from heat. Set aside.
5. Drain rice, and transfer to small heat-proof dish that will fit in steamer. Stir in 1/4 cup water. Place dish in steamer, and steam rice 25 to 30 minutes, or until tender, but grains remain distinct, adding more water, if necessary. Transfer rice to large bowl, and stir in vegetable oil and carrot mixture, using chopping motion with spoon to incorporate ingredients.
Take the round mold add the sticky rice and then the avocado mixture with roast chicken, serve hot garnished with chopped spring onions.