Ingredients for the assorted mushrooms
- 100g Shiitake mushrooms
- 100g king oyster mushrooms
- 100g button mushrooms
- 100g portobello
- 100g celery (1 large or 2 small stalks)
- 100g carrot (1 small or half large carrot)
- 5 cloves garlic
- 5 slices ginger
Ingredients for seasoning
- 20 gms oyster sauce
- 1 tbsp light soy sauce
- 1/2 tsp sugar
- 1/4 tsp ground white pepper
- 15ml (1 tbsp) water
- 2 tbsp corn flour
- 1 tsp salt (or to taste)
- 1tsp sesame oil
Instructions for making the mushrooms
- Cut the king oyster mushroom and button mushrooms into slices, quartered the portobellos and remove the stem of the shiitake mushrooms.
- Peel off the outer layer of the celery, cut it into slices.
- Cut the carrot into slices too.
- Prepare a few pieces of ginger, and smash five cloves of garlic.
- Mix the vegetarian oyster sauce, light soy sauce sugar, ground white pepper and water to form the stir-fry sauce.
Method of Cooking
- Saute the ginger and garlic over low heat until aromatic. Once aromatic, add the king oyster mushrooms that take longer time to cook, follow by shitake, button, and portobello.
- Saute the mushrooms until the surface turns to light brown, and sprinkle some water into the pan to continue stir-frying.
- Remove the mushrooms from the wok, then add some oil to saute the carrot. Add some water to the carrot and cook it for a minute until soft.
- Return the mushroom to the wok.
- Mix the stir-fry sauce and other ingredients in the wok.
- Add the celery.
- Add some cornstarch slurry bit by bit until the sauce is thickened to the consistency that you want.
Very nutritious dish, please take care while adding the seasoning, if you are adding oyster & light soy sauce then need not to add salt.