Ingredients for the Sheem Bhaji
- 375g of mangetout, ideally sheem (Bangladeshi mangetout)
- 2 tbsp of vegetable oil
- 1 medium sliced onions
- salt – to taste
- 1/4 tsp cumin powder
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- 2 green chilies split length ways
- 5 nos garlic cloves
Methods of making Sheem
2. Now top and tail the sheem and slice width ways into very thin slices – around ½ cm. If you’re using regular mangetout you can skip the stringing and just top, tail and slice.
3. Heat the oil in a frying pan over a medium heat and add the sliced onions with the salt and sauté for 2–3 minutes until translucent.
4. Add the turmeric and cumin and cook for 1 minute and Stir in the chopped sheem (or mangetout) so that everything is mixed well. Cover and cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally Add the chilies, reduce heat to low, cover again and cook for another 5 minutes.
You can garnished the sheems with roasted garlic and stirred green chilies with lemon wedges, best goes with Chapattis.