Bajra Til ki Tikki
Bajra (Pearl Millet) is used to make Mehri, Khichdi, Bhaat (rice) and many other tasty foods. Hot Bajra chapati is much more tempting than wheat flour chapati. But use of Bajra has reduced in this new era but now again people are getting educated and come to know the importance of pearl millet, how nutritious and healthy it is for our daily day to day routine.
Ingredients for Bajra Til Tikki
- Bajra flour (Pearl Millet)– 500 grams
- Jaggery (Gur) – 150 grams
- Sesame (Til) – 100 grams
- Oil – for frying (250 grams)
How to make Pearl Millet Sesame Tikki
- Dissolve jaggery in 200 grams warm water. Sift millet flour. Add sesame and 1 tablespoon oil. Knead this flour with jaggery syrup.
- Heat oil in kadhai.
- Take little dough from this kneaded flour and press the dough well with hands. Make lemon sized balls from the dough when smooth. Flatten dough balls between palms and press to make tikkis, 2”-2,1/2” in diameter.
- Deep fry them in hot oil. Deep fry 3-4 tikkis at a time.
- Turn sides and fry till tikkis turn brown. Keep fried tikkis on a plate and do the same with rest.
- Serve and enjoy mouth watering hot tikkis.
- Cool and store them in air tight containers.
- Eat as a tea time snack or whenever you would like to have.
Its very healthy and nutritious snacks you can enjoy at any point of time in day or night.