Ingredients for making the Couscous Salad
- 1 cup water, (240ml)
- 1 cup instant couscous, (170g, 6 ounces)
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt, (3g)
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, (30ml)
- 80 gms diced roma tomato,
- 50 gms diced english cucumber,
- 50 gms diced red bell pepper,
- 50 gms canned garbanzo beans,
- 30 gms minced red onion,
- 35 gms kalamata olives,
- 20 gms feta cheese,
- 1 tsp chopped parsley
- 1 tsp chopped mint
- 1 tsp chopped basil
- 1/4 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- 2 tsp lemon juice, (30ml)
- 1 tsp red wine vinegar, (15ml)
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 3 tsp extra-virgin olive oil, (45ml)
Making of the Salad
- Bring water, salt, and olive oil to a boil in a medium saucepan.
- Add couscous and stir quickly.
- Turn off the heat and cover for at least five minutes.
- Let couscous stand until tender, 5 minutes and then fluff with a fork and let cool.
- Mix all the ingredients well in the bowl.
- Adjust the seasoning,
- arrange accordingly or served in a bowl of your choice, garnished with chopped parsley, mint and oregano.
I just finished this version with Lemon dressing, you can modified the dressing or can use your own choice of dressing. for the plating i used some vegetable & fruit colors to make it more eye appealing.