“Gajar Ka Halwa “One of the most popular Indian dessert, which is originated in Punjab, it is a delight during the winter months. Prepare this for special occasions as well as the perfect dessert post regular dinner with the family. mostly been made of Grated carrots, milk, sugar and nuts are stirred and cooked together. Whole lot of nuts make this a great choice to fulfill those post meal dessert cravings.easy to follow recipe for you to create your own innovative dessert.
Ingredients for Gajar Ka Halwa
- 1 Kg carrot
- 1 1/2 litre milk
- 8 Green cardamoms
- 5-7 tbsp ghee
- 5-7 tbsp sugar
- 2 tbsp raisin
- 2 tbsp pistachio
- 1 tbsp almonds, shredded
- 2 tbsp dates, chopped
Making of Gajar Ka Halwa
- Peel and grate the carrots.
- Simmer in milk with the cardamom until liquid evaporates.
- Heat ghee in a heavy pan and add the carrot mixture.
- Cook over a gentle flame for 10-15 minutes.
- Stir in sugar and continue cooking until the halwa turns deep reddish color.
- Stir in dried fruit and serve.
You Can add any sort of dry nuts/dry fruits which goes well with this heavenly sweet dish.