- 1-1/2 pounds vine-ripened tomatoes, cored
- 1 pound fresh mozzarella
- 3/4 to 1 teaspoon fine sea salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1/3 cup packed basil leaves, torn or cut into thin strips
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 5 nos Klalamata olives
- 3 nos Cherry Tomatoes
- 1 tsp Balsmic Vinegar
- 1Tsp pesto Sauce
Method of Making the Salad
- Slice the tomatoes and cheese into 1/4-inch thick slices.
- Arrange the salad on a serving platter or individual plates in an alternating pattern, with two to three slices of tomato for every piece of cheese.
- Season with the salt and pepper to taste.
- Scatter the basil leaves over the top and drizzle with the oil. Serve at room temperature.
One of the healthy recipe with the twist of olives, pesto and Balsamic Vinegar.