“Apart from Halwas and Ladoos, one of the most famous Indian sweets are Barfis. One of the yummiest barfi out of the long list of barfis is ‘Milk Barfi’. This easy-to-make barfi is made with simple ingredients such as milk powder, condensed milk, ghee and cardamom powder. Serve this lip-smacking barfi to your friends and family on special occasions like festivals, game nights and kitty parties to enrich their taste buds.”
Ingredients for making the Milk Cake/Barfi
- 400 gm condensed milk
- 8 cup milk powder
- 2 tablespoon ghee
- 1 cup water
- 1 teaspoon powdered green cardamom
- 1 handful pistachios
- Silver vark as required/optional
- 1 cup almonds
How to make Milk Barfi
- Take a large bowl and add milk powder in it along with condensed milk. Make a rigid dough using these ingredients. Once done, keep the dough in freezer and freeze it for at least for 20 minutes.
- Take the dough and grate it in a bowl. Keep this grated dough aside for further usage. Take a deep bottomed pan, keep it on low flame and heat ghee in it.
- Add the grated dough to this pan with water. Mix well and stir in cardamom powder in the pan, cook this mixture until the water dries out and the mixture accumulates in the center of the pan.
- Pour this prepared mixture in a pan and add pistachios to it. Let the mixture cool and cut the barfi into desired shapes. Garnish it with silver vark and almonds and serve!
This delicious barfi is also known as ‘Khoya Barfi’ in some parts of India. The huge varieties of barfi includes Carrot Barfi, Besan Barfi, Pista Barfi and many more.