Moong Dal Ka Halwa
Talking about halwa, Moong Dal Ka Halwa is something that wins over any other ones. The reason behind this win is it’s mouth-watering and the taste is beyond expectation. Well, it is one such delicacy that you can prepare for your loved ones on special occasions and festivals. All you need to prepare this delectable dessert is Moong dal, ghee, sugar, cardamom, and milk. Moong dal is high in protein and can be good source for the nutritional requirements.
Ingredients for making the Moong Dal Halwa
- 3 cup moong dal
- 1 cup ghee
- 3 cup water
- 2 tablespoon chopped almonds
- 1 1/2 cup sugar
- 5 green cardamom
- 1 cup milk
- 2 tablespoon chopped cashews
- 2 tablespoon pistachio
How to make Moong Dal Ka Halwa
- Soak moong dal for overnight, After that make a smooth paste of dal in a grinding jar. Avoid using water and let the paste be a little thick.
- Prepare the sugar syrup and chop dry fruits Once the paste is ready, For the same, add water in a deep-bottomed pan over medium flame and bring it to a boil. Afterwards, add sugar in it and let it simmer for a while. Add cardamom pods in it and let the mixture simmer till it becomes sticky. In the meantime, chop some almonds and pistachios.
- Cook moong dal paste with milk or khoya afterwards, take a pan and put it over medium flame and heat ghee in it. Once the ghee is hot enough, add the ground dal paste and keep stirring. When the paste has absorbed the ghee, add milk in it and cook for some time. You can also use khoya instead of milk for better taste. In case you are using khoya, cook for 4-5 minutes; however, if you are using milk, you will have to wait till it becomes thick like a cream. Also, you can add some almond paste in the mixture if you want to make it more creamy.
- Cook the halwa with sugar syrup until it dries Finally, add sugar syrup in the halwa and keep stirring until the syrup is dried and the halwa is grainy. Turn off the flame when done and garnish with chopped or crushed pistachios and almonds.
- served hot garnished with dry fruits, khoya and rose petals.
Very easy and simple recipe to follow enjoyed this fabulous dessert with your loved one,family & friends !!