INGREDIENTS FOR MAKING THE DANISH
- 1 x 375g Packet Carême Butter Puff pastry, defrosted
- 250g cream cheese
- 80g caster sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 2 x 125g punnet blueberries
- 1 egg beaten
- 2 tbsp blueberry glaze
METHOD OF MAKING
- Preheat oven to 200c fan-forced (220c non-fan).
- For the filling place the cream cheese, sugar, egg, vanilla and lemon zest in a food processor blitz until smooth and well combined ( Thermo mix mix on speed of 4 until combined).
- Line a baking tray with baking paper. Lightly dust work surface with flour, unroll pastry and dust with flour.
- Roll the sheet of pastry to approximately 39cm x 27cm. Cut the pastry into six squares, transfer to baking tray.
- fill the blueberry mixture and and brush the pastry with egg white.
- Place it in the the oven for 15 to to 20 minutes until it becomes brown.
- Remove from the oven and arrange in the platter, have it during the morning or as an evening tea time.
You can stuffed the pastry sheet with any stuffing of your choice, weather its fruit mix, fresh fruits or jams or caramels, that is up to your preferences and liking.