Ingredients of the Blueberry Donuts
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 tsp white or apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup pure maple syrup or agave or honey
- 3 1/2 tbsp oil
- 1 cup refined flour
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking powder
- A pinch of cinnamon powder
- 1/2 cup blueberries mix (Available in the super market)
Method of making the Blueberry Donuts
- Combine first 5 ingredients, and set aside. Grease a donuts pan.
- mini muffin pan, and preheat oven to 350 F.
- Stir together all remaining ingredients except berries, then pour wet into dry once oven is preheated, and stir until just evenly mixed.
- Don’t over mix. Either stir the blueberries in very carefully so they don’t break and turn everything purple, or press them in after portioning the batter into the pan.
- Bake 10-12 minutes (depending on flour used), or until donuts have risen and batter is no longer wet.
- Let sit 5 minutes before removing from the pan. Frost with a basic glaze or you can spread evenly a blueberry fruit glaze on the top of the donuts, which will enhance the presentation of the donuts which is my personnel favorite.
You can get the ready mix of the blueberry from any grocery store, mixed it as per your requirements.