Ingredients for Chocolate Donuts
- 1 cup refined flour
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
For Chocolate Glaze
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 3 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 3-4 tablespoons milk
Method of making the Donuts
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Spray a donuts pan well with non-stick cooking spray and set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the buttermilk, sugar, egg, butter, and vanilla until well combined.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix until just combined.
- Spoon the batter into the donuts cavities making sure to only fill them about 2/3 – 3/4 of the way full.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the donuts comes out clean.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool for about 5 minutes in the pan. Remove donuts from the pan and transfer to a wire rack to cool.
To make the glaze
- In a separate bowl, mix together the powdered sugar, cocoa powder, vanilla, and milk. If the glaze is too thick, slowly add one tablespoon of milk at a time until it has reached your desired consistency.
- Dip the tops of the donuts into the glaze and transfer back to the wire rack to cool and allow the Chocolate glaze to harden. Top with sprinkles if desired.(optional as per your liking)
Donuts are best eaten the same day, but can be stored in an airtight container for 2-3 days. kids love to have the donuts at any point of time weather they are hungry or not. “Wow Donuts”