This traditional South Indian breakfast is simply amazing! It’s light, delicious and goes beautifully with both sambhar and chutney.
Ingredients of Ven Pongal
- 1 Cup Rice
- 1/2 Cup Yellow moong dal
- 1 tsp Black pepper
- 1 Green chilli
- 1 Ginger
- 1 tsp Cumin seeds
- 4 Cup Curry leaves water
- To taste Cashew nuts
- 200 Gram Ghee
- Salt to taste
How to Make Ven Pongal
- Pour 100 gm ghee in a pressure cooker. Add rice and moong dal.
- Fry for 2-3 minutes.
- Add water and salt.
- Pressure cook it until 3 whistles.
- Add the remaining ghee, cashew nuts, black pepper, cumin seeds, green chilli, curry leaves and ginger in a pan.
- Fry for 1 minute and pour the tadka over the dish.
- Serve hot with chutney and sambar.
A traditional delicacy made of Rice, Yellow moong dal, Black pepper, Green chilli, ginger Cumin seeds, Curry leaves water, Cashew nuts, Ghee, salt to taste.