Ingredients for making the Ras Malai
for chenna / paneer
- 1 litre milk, full cream cows milk
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 cup water
for sugar syrup:
- 1½ cup sugar
- 8 cups water
for Making of Rabdi
- 1 litre milk, full cream cows / buffalo milk
- ¼ cup sugar½ tsp cardamom powder
- 2 tbsp saffron milk
- 7 pistachios, chopped
- 5 almonds, chopped
- 10 cashews, chopped
Method to be followed
Making of Chenna / paneer
- firstly, boil milk.
- additionally, add lemon juice and stir till milk curdles completely.
- drain the curdled milk and squeeze off excess water.
- after 30 minutes, start to knead the paneer for 10 minutes.
- furthermore, make small balls and flatten. keep aside.
Making of sugar syrup
- firstly, take sugar and water.
- boil the syrup for 10 minutes.
- after that, drop the prepared paneer balls.
- cover and boil for 15 minutes.
- furthermore, squeeze of sugar syrup.
Making of Rabdi
- firstly, heat milk and get to a boil.
- once a layer of cream is formed over the milk, stick it to sides of vessel.
- repeat the process for at least 5 times or till milk reduces to one-third.
- further, add sugar, cardamom powder and saffron milk.
- give a good mix and get to boil.
- also scrape off the collected cream from sides. and give a good stir.
- further, refrigerate for 2-3 hours.
- firstly, pour the chilled rabdi, over the squeezed paneer/Chenna balls.
- finally garnish with few chopped nuts and allow to absorb for 2 hours.
Served chilled with chopped dry fruits of your choice along with rabdi, its heavenly taste will definitely win the hearts of your loved one.