Ingredients for making the muffins
- 2 cups all purpose flour, plus
- 6nos glazed strawberries
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1 stick or 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1-1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp almond extract
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2-1/4 cups diced strawberries, from 1 pint, divided
- 2 tbsp icing sugar, for topping
Method of making the muffin
- Preheat the oven to 375°F. Line a 12-cup muffin tin with paper liners; spray the liners and the pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder and salt.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer, beat the butter and granulated sugar for about 2 minutes. Add the eggs one at a time, scraping down the sides of the bowl and beating well after each addition. Beat in the vanilla extract and almond extract. (The batter may look a little grainy — that’s okay).
- With the mixer on low, add the flour mixture in three separate additions, alternating with the milk and ending with the flour.
- Toss the strawberries with 2 teaspoons of flour (this will keep them from sinking to the bottom). Set 1/2 cup of the berries aside. Add the remaining berries to the batter and fold with a spatula until evenly distributed. (Avoid over mixing)
- Scoop the batter into the prepared muffin tin (an ice-cream scoop with a wire scraper works well here); they will be very full. Scatter the reserved berries evenly over the muffins, then sprinkle the Icing sugar over the center of each muffin (keeping the sugar away from the edges will prevent sticking).
- Bake for about 30 minutes, until lightly golden and a cake tester comes out clean. Run a sharp knife around the top edge of each muffin to free it from the pan if necessary (the edges can stick), then let the muffins cool in the pan for about 25 minutes. Transfer the muffins to a rack to cool completely.
- Freezer-Friendly Instructions: These muffins can be frozen for up to 3 months. After they are completely cooled, double-wrap it securely with aluminum foil or plastic freezer wrap, or place it in heavy-duty freezer bag. Thaw overnight on the countertop.
You can decorate to muffins tip with strawberry fruit glaze, or serve as it is, its all time favorite filling when ever you want to have quick bite.