Ingredients for making the chicken
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 25g unsalted butter
- 4 chicken breast
- 1 chopped onion
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 200g pack small button mushrooms
- 225ml red wine
- 2 tbsp tomato purée
- 2 sprigs of thyme
- 500ml chicken stock
- Slit the chicken breast and marinate it with salt and pepper and keep aside.
- stuffed the chicken breast with herbs, butter and mushrooms.
Method of making the chicken
- Heat 1 tsp olive oil and half of the 25g butter in a large lidded casserole.(La cruset)
- Season 4 chicken breasts, then fry for about 5 mins on each side until golden brown. Remove and set aside.
- Melt the remaining butter in the pan. Add 1 chopped onion, then fry for about 5 mins until soft.
- Add 2 crushed garlic cloves, cook for about 1 min, add 200g small button mushrooms, cook for 2 mins, then add 225ml red wine.
- Stir in 2 tbsp tomato purée, let the liquid bubble and reduce for about 5 mins, then stir in 2 thyme sprigs and pour over 500ml chicken stock.
- Add the chicken breast back into the pan, then cover and simmer on a low heat for about 1 hr until the chicken is very tender.
- Remove the chicken breast from the pan and keep warm. Rapidly boil down the sauce for 10 mins or so until it is syrupy and the flavour has concentrated.
- Put the chicken breast back into the sauce and serve, hot garnished with herbs.
You Can add red wine or if its not available you can add white wine also for the flavour, one of the delicious dish which better you can have it with risotto rice, Garlic bread on the side.