Ingredients for making the Cookies
- 1 2/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 1/2 cups roasted salted cashews
- 2 tbsp plus 1 teaspoon canola oil
- 1 stick (8 tbsp) unsalted butter, softened
- 3/4 cup packed light-brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 24 cubes soft caramel candy
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
Method of making the Cookies
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Sift flour and salt together. Coarsely chop 1 cup cashews set aside. Process remaining 1 1/2 cups cashews in a food processor until finely chopped. Pour in oil. Process until mixture is creamy for 2 minutes.
- Put cashew mixture, butter, and sugar in a bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment mix on medium speed until fluffy, for 2 to 3 minutes. Mix in egg and vanilla essence, Reduce speed to low; gradually add flour mixture. Mix in reserved chopped cashews.
- Shape dough into 1 1/2-inch balls/squares; space 2 inches apart on 2 parchment-lined baking sheets. Bake 6 minutes; gently flatten with a spatula. Bake until bottoms are just golden, 6 to 7 minutes more. Let cool completely on sheets on wire racks.
- Melt caramels with cream in a small saucepan over low heat, keep stirring. Let it cool. Using a spoon, drizzle caramel over cookies; let set. Store airtight in single layers.
For better taste you can add honey as well in the caramel mixture. enjoy !!