Ingredients for making the cookies
- 220 gms all purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 170 gms unsalted butter
- 113 gms icing sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- raspberry jam
Method of making
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (~180°C). Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper. Sieve the flour and salt into a bowl. Cream the butter and sugar until fluffy. Add in the vanilla extract. Beat to combine.
- Slowly add in the flour mixture spoon by spoon. Use a spatula to scrap down the flour on the side and bottom as needed. Make sure the mixture is well combined. The dough becomes crumbly but will hold together when pinched.
- Using your hand, take out approximately 1 tablespoonful of the dough. Knead it on your palm with your fingers a few times and then roll into a 1″ ball. Place them on the baking sheet 2″ apart. Use your round cutter cut into circles add the other on the top of it and then cut the circles with small cutter from the center. Fill each well with 1/2 teaspoon jam.(Prepared mixture)
- Bake for 10-12 minutes. Transfer to wire tray to cool completely before storing them in air tight container.
You can use your preferred jam for the filling. If the jam is too thin, simmer it over low heat to reduce the water content in the jam. enjoy with you favourite beverage..