Ingredients for making the Margarita Cookies
- 3 cups all purpose four
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup unsalted butter
- 1 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg, room temperature
- 1 tbsp tequila
- 2 tsp freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1 tsp Triple Sec (can substitute orange extract)
- Zest of 1 lime
- Margarita salt,
Method of making
- Preheat oven to 350°F and prepare two baking sheets with silicon mats or parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt. Whisk to combine and set aside.
- In the large bowl of a stand mixer, add butter and sugar and beat on high speed until creamed together.
- Add egg, tequila, lime juice, Triple Sec and lime zest and beat until just combined.
- With the mixer running on low speed, add flour a little at a time until just combined and no streaks of flour remain.
- Using a medium cookies scoop (about 1 1/2 to 2 tablespoons), portion out balls of dough onto prepared cookie sheets with no more than 6 to each sheet. Roll them between the palms of your hands to form balls.
- Bake for 12 minutes. You want them to be set and crinkled, but not yet golden. Let cool on baking sheet for a couple minutes, then transfer to wire rack to cool completely.
- Store in airtight containers. and enjoy as per your preferences. !
Delicious cookies and people of all ages love to have it with tea and coffee..