Ingredients for Mango Cheese Cake
150 g / Marie Biscuits (17 crackers), or digestives, Graham Crackers or other plain sweet biscuit100 gms / unsalted butter , melted
- 2 tbsp white sugar
- 700 gms / 1.4 lb mango flesh (2 large mangoes)
4 1/2 tsp gelatin powder (Note 2)1/2 cup / 125 ml cold tap water500 g / 1 lb Philadelphia cream cheese, softened (2 blocks)2/3 cup / 150g caster sugar (superfine white sugar)
- 300 ml / 10 oz whipping cream
3/4 tsp gelatin powder (Note 2)1/4 cup / 65 ml cold tap water
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
Toppings for decoration
100 gms mango cream, chocolate strips 2 nos
- 2 passion fruit (optional)
Method of making the Cake
- Use a 22 cm / 9″ spring form pan (or similar size). Turn the base Upside Down (for ease of removal later).
- Place a square sheet of baking paper on the base, then secure in spring form pan with excess paper hanging out sides.
- Grease sides with butter and line with paper.
Biscuit base for a cake
- Blitz crackers into fine crumbs in a food processor.
- Add butter and sugar, blitz until combined. Pour into prepared cake pan. Press down firmly – base only, not sides.
Filling for a cake
- Put water in a heatproof bowl. Sprinkle gelatin over surface (don’t dump in center). Stir to partly dissolve. Set aside for 5 minutes – it turns gelatinous.
- Microwave 15 seconds on high x 2, stirring in between. Stir until dissolved then Cool for 5 to 10 minutes.
- Place mango in food processor. Blitz until smooth.
- Measure out 3/4 cup and reserve for mango jelly, set aside.
- Add cream cheese, cream, sugar and gelatin mixture into food processor (2.5L/2.5qt/10 cup+ capacity – Note 3). Blitz for 30 seconds or so until smooth.
- Pour into cake pan. Refrigerate 3+ hours until top is set.
- Pour water into bowl, sprinkle over gelatin. Leave 5 to 6 min. Microwave on high 2 x 10 sec, stir well until granules dissolved. Set aside 5 minutes to cool.
- Place reserved mango puree (from step 4 under Filling) and lemon in a bowl. Pour over gelatin and whisk well.
- Pour over cheesecake filling. Tilt cake around to spread.
- Refrigerate for more then 12 hours
- Release pan sides, then use overhang paper to slide cheesecake onto serving plate. Then slide the paper out from under the cheesecake.
Final touch to follow
- Decorate the cake top with dollops of the cream with the help of the piping bag.
- You Can use the chocolate ribbons as shown above in the cake decoration.
Use better cream that can be whipped is fine to use here. There are some creams which are for pouring only. Better to go for baking whip creams, you can ask the store keeper or read the instructions while purchasing such creams.