Ingredients for making the Fish
- 220 gms skinless white firm fish fillet (such as grouper, bass or halibut)
- 1 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon salted butter
- 1 cup red bell pepper chopped
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 9 ounces fresh baby spinach, from two bags
- 2 ounces 1/3 less fat cream cheese, I like Philadelphia
- ¼ cup half & half cream
- 3 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- kosher salt
- fresh black pepper
- 10 gms broccoli, asparagus, sundried tomatoes each for plating
- Garnished with colored peppers
Method for making the fish
- In a large skillet over medium heat add 1/2 tablespoon of olive oil and 1/2 tablespoon of butter, red bell pepper and garlic and cook for about 4 minutes.
- Add spinach season with a pinch of salt and pepper mix until the spinach wilts down.
- Add cream cheese, half & half and Parmesan cheese mix well until cream cheese is melted and resembles creamed spinach.
- Heat a separate skillet on medium high heat, add remaining oil and butter.
- Season fish on both sides with salt and pepper and place on the hot pan.
- Cook 6 minutes on first side and flip fish over and cook other side an additional 5 minutes, until cooked through and browned.
- Divide the spinach mixture on the bottom of each plate and top with piece of fish.
You can coat/drizzle the sauce on the fish or you can cooked the fish along with sauce, i cooked separately to make it more appealing.