Ingredients for making the desert
- 400ml mango juice (Mango dices/pulp)
- 150ml evaporated milk
- 2 large ripe honey mangoes, cubed
- sugar syrup by mixing 2 tbsp caster sugar with just enough hot water to dissolve
- 80 gms sago pearls
- 50 gms Pomelo
Cut the mango into dices and use blender to blend the mango in to pulp
Method of making
1) Boil a pot of water to boil. Add sago and simmer for about 10 minutes. Turn off the stove, cover the pot with lid and let the sago continue to cook on its own for about 10 minutes, until all the sago turns translucent. Run the cooked sago through a fine sieve and running water to remove excess starch. Set aside.
2) Reserve one quarter of the cubed mangoes for garnishing (step 4). In a blender, blend the rest of the mangoes and the evaporated milk for a short while till well mixed.
3) Mix mango smoothie prepared in step 2 with mango juice. Add sugar syrup to taste. Add cooked pearl sago prepared in step 1 to the mixture. Chill in fridge.
4) To serve, portion out to individual serving bowls and garnish with pomelo sacs and cubed mangoes.
Pomelo is the best source of vitamin c as its citrus content give the little sourness to this heavenly dessert which is very nutritious and healthy. use some of the dices and pomelo flakes for the garnish.