Ingredients for making
- Yam: 2 (About 800g – 1kg)
- Olive oil: 150g
- Coconut cream: 100g
- Salt: a pinch
- Sugar: 150g
- Ginkgo nut: 1 small can (200g)
Method of making
- Steam yam for at least 30min till soft. Roughly mash with fork or masher.
- Place yam in food blender. Gradually add oil in while blending.
- Heat up wok. Place yam into wok and stir in coconut cream.
- Add salt and sugar. Stir till dissolved.
- Serve warm with ginkgo nuts.
Instructions to follow while making the paste
- Having a food blender will help to save a lot of effort on the mashing. Unfortunately, I don’t have one at home. The portion seen here was mashed with a fork first and later worked through a sieve to achieve the smoother texture.
- To get an even smoother texture, either use more oil or add water to it. This would produce a slightly runny effect which is what we get in restaurants.
- Don’t add too much coconut cream into the yam paste as the taste of coconut would overwhelm the original taste of the yam.
Delicious dessert with health benefits, you must try it with you family and friends