Ingredients for making the spaghetti
- 200 gms spaghetti
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- Pinch of crushed red pepper
- 20 gms asparagus
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 8 cups baby spinach
- 1/4 cup freshly grated pecorino cheese, plus more for serving
- 4 ounces fresh goat cheese, crumbled (1 cup)
- 2 tbsp beet juice
Method of making
In a large pot of boiling salted water, cook the spaghetti until it is al dente. Drain the spaghetti well, reserving 1/2 cup of the pasta cooking water. after boiling just drizzled it with beet juice to make it blood red.
Meanwhile, in a large skillet, heat the olive oil. Add the garlic and crushed red pepper and cook over moderate heat until the garlic is tender, about 3 minutes. Add the asparagus, season with salt and pepper and cook over moderately high heat until the asparagus begin to tenders, about 2 minutes. Add the spinach and cook until wilted, about 2 minutes.
I have separated sauteed/cooked spinach with goat cheese, and decorate with beetroot colored spaghetti.