Ingredients for making the Jalebi
- 2 cups Wheat flour or All purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon Cornstarch/Cornflour
- 1/4 Cup Besen
- 1.5 tsp baking powder
- 1/8 tsp turmeric
- 1/8 tsp cardamom powder
- 1/4 cup Thick Curd1/2 –
- 3/4 cup Lukewarm Water (adjust accordingly)
- Ghee for Frying
- 1 cup Sugar
- 1/2 cup Water
- 1 teaspoon Rose water or any essence
- 1/2 teaspoon Lemon Juice
- 1 teaspoon cardamom powder
- 1/8 teaspoon saffron sprigs
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
Method of making the batter
- Assemble ingredients. All purpose flour can be used as a substitute, Cornflour.
- Assemble rest of the ingredients.
- Lukewarm water. I had used a little over 3/4 cup for my batter. But please check the consistency and add water accordingly.
- Assemble dry ingredients in a bowl.
- While we ready the batter, heat ghee in a kadhai.
- Add curd and water to make a thick batter. Whisk the batter rapidly for few minutes to incorporate air into the batter. Please do not skip through this step.
- Batter should be of a thick dropping consistency so add water accordingly.
Enjoy the heavenly Indian Dessert with Rabadi or saffron milk