Ingredients for the platter
- 1 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp chopped basil
- Zest and juice of 2 lemons
- 4 blue swimmer crabs, halved, claws cracked
- 4 lobster tails or small whole lobsters, halved, cleaned
- 24 scampi, peeled (tails intact), de veined
- 32 green prawns, peeled (tails intact), de veined
- 350g clams (vongole)
- 12 scallops in the half shell
- 2 tbsp chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 2 ripe avocados, peeled, stoned, roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup thickened cream
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 1 tsp Lemon Juice
- 200ml whole-egg mayonnaise
- 1 small lime, zest grated, juiced
- 1 tbsp sweet chilli sauce
- 1 tbsp Tomato Sauce
Method for making
- Combine the oil, garlic, basil, lemon juice and zest in a bowl, then season. Brush the marinade over the seafood.
- Heat a barbecue hotplate to medium-high. Cook the crab and lobster for 2 minutes, then add the scampi and cook for a further 2 minutes. Add the prawns and clams, and cook for 3-4 minutes, then add the scallops. When the clams open and the prawns and scallops are opaque, transfer all seafood to a platter. Serve with parsley, avocado and seafood sauces.
- To make the avocado cream: Pulse ingredients in a food processor until smooth. Season to taste with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper. How to prepare avocados How to cut an avocado
- To make the seafood sauce: Whisk the ingredients together. Season with salt and pepper.
Seafood platter is not for the dainty. Make sure you have finger bowls spread over the table and plenty of napkins. Invest in a seafood cracker (it can double as a nut cracker) so you can get to every sweet and juicy morsel.