Ingredients for the cake
- For the Cake:
- 3/4 cup (about 3 3/4 ounces) all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup (about 3/4 ounce) cocoa powder
- 1/2 plus 1/8 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons (about 4 1/3 ounces) granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- For the Oreo whipped cream:
- 50 Oreo cookies (for decoration as just for tease i used Chocolate coated Strawberries)
- 4 1/2 cups heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
Method of making
- Make cake: Adjust oven rack to middle position and preheat oven to 350°. Line bottom of a 9-inch cake pan with parchment paper and lightly coat the inside with non-stick pan spray. Sift flour, cocoa, baking soda, and salt into large bowl; set aside. In medium bowl, whisk sugar, sour cream, oil, eggs, and vanilla until smooth.
- Whisk wet ingredients into dry ingredients until smooth. Pour batter into pan and bake until cake is just firm and toothpick inserted into center comes out with moist crumbs, 20 to 25 minutes. Let cake cool in pan for 15 minutes, then remove from pan to completely cool on wire rack, about 1 hour.
- Carefully cut 6 Oreo cookies in half; set aside. Chop remaining cookies into 1/4-inch pieces; set aside.
- To Assemble Cake: make the Oreo whipped cream in 2 batches. In bowl of standing mixer fitted with whip attachment, whip 2 cups cream on medium-high speed to soft peak, spoon into large bowl and refrigerate. In same mixer bowl, whip remaining 2 1/2 cups cream, sugar, and vanilla to soft peak. Fold into already whipped cream.
- Place about 1 cup whipped cream in bowl and refrigerate until ready to decorate cake. Fold chopped Oreos into remaining whipped cream.
- Slice cake in half horizontally to create 2 layers. Place bottom layer on serving plate. Spread about 1/3 of Oreo whipped cream onto cake. Top with second cake layer and use remaining Oreo whipped cream to frost top and sides of cake. Chill in refrigerator for about 2 hours to allow cookies to soften.
- Place reserved whipped cream in pastry bag fitted with star tip (re-whisk if necessary). Pipe 12 whipped cream rosettes around perimeter of cake and garnish with reserved Oreo cookie halves. Serve.
Love able Tease
Wife’s special cake been make as she asked for cake on one of the Sunday, she do not likes strawberries at all, but love to have ores biscuits at any point of time, so i got an idea to make this cake, which full of oreo and chocolate but i decorate it with strawberries, while distribution she got upset, one of her friend shout wow its oreos inside the cake. then she understand its a trick which i have played on her. she hug me and say thank you for this wonderful and surprising treat. enjoy you too with your dear ones.