Ingredients for making the chilly crab
- 1 whole crab (about 300 gms)
- 2 tbsp flavorless oil
- 3 garlic cloves, very finely chopped
- 1 tbsp ginger very finely chopped
- 3 red chillies, 2 very finely chopped, 1 sliced
- 4 tbsp tomato ketchup
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- handful coriander leaves, roughly chopped
- 2 spring onions, sliced
- fried rice/steamed rice or steamed bun to have along with crabs
Method of making the Crab
- The crab must be prepared before stir-frying, This involves removing the claws, the main shell, then cut the body into four pieces, and cracking the claws and the legs so the sauce can get through to the meat.
- Heat the oil in a large wok and sizzle the garlic, ginger and chopped chillies for 1 min or until fragrant. Add the ketchup, soy and 100ml water, and stir to combine. Throw in the crab, turn up the heat and stir-fry for 3-5 mins or until the crab is piping hot and coated in the sauce. Stir through most of the coriander, spring onions and sliced chilli.
- Use tongs to arrange the crab on a serving dish, pour over the sauce from the pan and scatter over the remaining coriander, spring onions and sliced chilli.
- Serve hot with rice or bao buns, enjoy this delicious delicacy with lovely friends.
Have the crab cracker to break the crab shell, or break it with spoon before serving to get the actual juice meat from its claws.