Ingredients for the black grapes tarts
4 cups California seedless grapes
3 tbsp each sugar and cornstarch
1/2 tsp each ground cardamom and ginger
1/4 tsp salt
1 ready-to-use refrigerated pie crust dough(Make individual mini tarts or use the pie crust)
1/4 cup each chopped walnuts and packed brown sugar
2 tbsp butter
2 tbsp milk
Method of making
- Combine grapes, sugar, cornstarch, spices and salt; mix well.
- Place dough on baking sheet.
- Mound grape mixture in center of pastry, leaving a 3-inch border.
- Lift edges of dough up and over edge of grapes, leaving grapes showing in the center; fold edges of pastry to contain grapes.
- Combine walnuts, brown sugar and butter; mix well.
- Sprinkle over grapes. Brush pastry with milk. Bake at 375 F for 30 to 35 minutes or until pastry browns and the filling bubbles. Let stand 15 minutes before cutting.
In the above recipe i have taken individual tart shells and stuffed with grapes and walnuts, its up to you how you want to do the decoration, or want to present the recipe.