Ingredients for making the salad
- 400 gm zucchini approximately 3 medium
- 2 tbsp olive oil extra virgin
- 3 tbsp slivered almonds toasted
- 1 gm mint leaves
- extra dill leaves to garnish
Dressing for the salad
- 1 cup plain Greek yoghurt
- 2 tsp finely grated lemon zest divided
- 2 tsp fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh mint leaves
- sea salt and black pepper to taste
Method of making the salad
- Slice the zucchini on the diagonal about 1 cm/1/4” thick. Toss the zucchini slices in a bowl with the olive oil.
- Pre-heat a char-grill pan over medium-high heat. Working in batches, cook the zucchini about 2 minutes each side or until slightly charred.
- Transfer the cooked zucchini to a bowl or platter and season with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper. Repeat until all the zucchini is cooked.
- Meanwhile, prepare the yoghurt dressing. Place the yoghurt into a medium-sized bowl. Add 1 ½ teaspoons of lemon zest and the freshly squeezed lemon juice.
- Add the chopped mint and dill leaves and season to taste with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Spread the yoghurt dressing on a serving platter. When all the zucchini is cooked and have cooled a little, arrange the zucchini on the yoghurt dressing.
- Sprinkle with a few mint leaves and the reserved ½ teaspoon of lemon zest. Add the toasted slivered almonds.
- Drizzle over the top the zucchini juices which have accumulated in the bowl. Serve as soon as possible after assembling.
To toast the slivered almonds, place into a small, dry frying pan over medium heat. Stir occasionally to ensure they are evenly colored. Be careful/vigilant, they will burn easily.