Ingredients for making the Pasta
- 4 tsp minced garlic (about 5 cloves)
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 300 gms can petite diced tomatoes
- 1 can tomato puree
- 2 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 180 gms penne pasta
- 1/2 cup freshly shredded Parmigiano- Reggiano
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced fresh basil
- Garnishes: Parmigiano- Reggiano cheese shavings, fresh basil leaves
Method of making the Pasta
- Add oil in the heavy bottomed pan saute garlic for about one minute then, Add tomatoes and tomato puree. Bring to a boil reduce heat to low.
- Stir in red pepper flakes and above listed ingredients cook, stirring occasionally for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Boil pasta in a sauce pan according to package instruction. al Dante,
- Stir basil into tomato sauce, and pour 3 cups sauce over pasta. Toss to coat well in the sauce, Serve hot garnish, with cheese of your choice or famous Parmesan cheese is the best option for pasta.
- 1/2/ 100 gms cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese you can keep extra in a bowl or have it along with this preparation.
Arrabiata preparation is on the spicy side, please be careful while serving to kids, enjoy this classic Italian recipes with family and friends, best for indoor or outdoor parties/get -together.