Fish is rich in omega 3 fatty acids and essential oils, vitamins, minerals and protein, which makes this dish a must try for all those who are on a low-calorie diet. You can prepare this flavorsome main dish recipe during lunch or dinner and pair it with steamed rice for a perfect meal. This lip-smacking dish can be easily prepared at home and it requires basic kitchen ingredients.
Ingredients for Steamed Fish
- 1 cup green onion
- 2 tsp garlic
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 red bell pepper
- 2 tbsp virgin olive oil
- 2 tsp ginger
- 2 tsp cumin powder
- 2 green chilli
- 1 fish (Sea bass/ river sole)
- salt as required
- 30 gms Broccoli
- 30 gms carrots
- 20 gms Green Beans
- 20 gms Asparagus
Method of making the Steamed Fish
- Wash the raw fish with fresh water. Place this fish on a large plate and drizzle lemon drops over it along with salt. Keep it aside for marination.
- Chop the green onions, bell peppers, ginger, garlic and green chilies in a bowl.
- steamed all the above listed vegetables and keep aside.
- Meanwhile, place a non-stick pan over medium flame. Pour oil in it and once the oil is hot enough, add green onions and green chilies and saute for a while. After a minute or two, add chopped ginger and garlic pieces and fry them. Put the marinated fish on this pan and cover it with a lid. Let it simmer for 10 minutes.
- Remove the lid after 10 minutes and pour cumin powder over the fish. Cover the pan with a lid and cook over low flame. Remove the lid after sometime and see if the fish has released some water. Now, add water to the pan along with some salt. Let the fish cook for a while.
- In the mean time in the another pan pour some oil saute some ginger and garlic and add all the steamed vegetables saute a little and add the seasoning then arrange on the serving platter.
- Check the fish is steamed or wait for another 5 to 6 minutes, take out the fish with the help of the slicer with breaking it, place it on or beside the saute vegetables.
- Served hot accompanied with steam rice garnished with golden fried ginger