Ingredients for making the Cheese Garlic French Loaf
- 14 ounces (400 grams) loaf French bread, (or Italian), sliced in half horizontally (lengthwise)
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 6 cloves garlic, finely chopped (or 1 1/2 tablespoons minced garlic)
- 2 tbsp fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 1/4 tsp salt, (or to taste)
- 1 1/2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup finely shredded parmesan cheese
- 1/2 tsp dried parsley,
Method of making the Cheese Garlic French Loaf
- Preheat oven to 400°F (200°C). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper (baking paper), or foil. Arrange bread on baking sheet, cut-side up.
- In a small-sized bowl, combine together the butter, garlic, fresh parsley and salt. Mix ingredients together until well blended. Evenly spoon the garlic butter mixture evenly over both bread halves right to the edges. Top with the cheeses and sprinkle with the dried parsley.
- Bake, uncovered, for 20 minutes, or until the cheese is melted and bubbly. Broil for about 2 minutes, or until the top is golden and crispy.
- Slice and serve warm.