Ingredients for making the Cottage Cheese Nuggets
for paneer marination:
- 1 tsp ginger-garlic paste
- ½ tsp kashmiri red chilli powder / lal mirch powder
- ½ tsp pepper, crushedsalt to taste
- 2 tbsp coriander leaves, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 8 dices paneer /Cottage Cheese
Ingredients fo making the Batter
- ¼ cup corn flour
- 2 tbsp maida / plain flour / all-purpose flour / refined flour
- ½ tsp pepper, crushed salt to taste
- ½ cup water, for batter
- ½ cup panko bread crumbs / crushed corn flakes
- oil for deep frying
Method of making the Cottage Cheese Nuggets
- firstly, in a large mixing bowl take 1 tsp ginger-garlic paste, ½ tsp chilli powder, ½ tsp pepper and salt to taste.
- also add 2 tbsp coriander leaves and 1 tbsp lemon juice. mix well to form paste.
- coat the prepared paste to paneer cubes.
- cover and allow to marinate in refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- meanwhile prepare maida batter by mixing, ¼ cup corn flour, 2 tbsp maida, ½ tsp pepper and salt to taste.
- add ½ cup water and prepare lump free, flowing consistency batter.
- dip the marinated paneer into maida paste and coat well.
- now coat with bread crumbs covering all sides. use panko bread crumbs / crushed corn flakes as they give nice texture.
- deep fry the paneer nuggets in hot oil. alternatively, bake in preheated oven at 180 degree celsius for 12 minutes.
- fry on medium flame, stirring occasionally till it turns golden brown.
- finally, serve crispy paneer nuggets with green chutney or tomato sauce.