Ingredients for making the Chicken Medallions
- 1 chicken breast
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 tsp mixed herbs (no salt added)
- 1 ¼ cups beets (cooked and chopped)
- 1large potato
- 20 gms broccoli
- 20 gms green beans
- 20 gms red yellow bell peppers
- a tiny bit of salt
- a tiny bit of black pepper
- 1 ½ tsp olive oil (extra virgin)
Method for making the Chicken Medallions
- Preheat oven to 400°F (200°C). Bring water to a boil in a saucepan. Peel and roughly chop garlic. Score the chicken, add to a bowl and combine with garlic, oil, salt, pepper and herbs. Leave to marinate (Tip: try stuffing the garlic pieces inside the cuts you’ve created).
- Once oven is hot, add the chicken to a lined baking tray and roast for 20 mins or until browned. Meanwhile, peel and cut potato.
- Then add to boiling water for about 10 mins, or until soft. Heat a pan on medium heat, add all the vegetable and let it blanch for some time. Season with salt and pepper (you can add other spices, like nutmeg if you want).
- Once potatoes are ready, drain, add beets and either mash by hand or with a blender. Season with salt and pepper with little butter and cream to make it more delicious.
- Arrange the steamed vegetable on the edge then de-mold the beet mash, arrange chicken medallion on the top of the veggies.
For making the chicken medallions just cut the chicken breast from the center, and slit it in between. Make a roll of one part and similarly do it with the other portion as well.